VERPOSE (verify position) is a tool for ...
- identifying operating points in a manufacturing process
- quality assurance
It was developed as part of the ARVIDA project
The VERPOSE camera, attached to the worker´s tool, observes the vicinity of the actual working point and compares the image with trained data. Verpose answers the question: On which of the (trained) working points is the tool actually located?
ART developed both the Verpose camera and the Verpose classification software. Depending on the image characteristics of the set of operating points, CNN or spatial pyramid matching algorithms are applied which results in a robust real time classification.
- Recognition rate higher than 99,5%
(evaluated by automotive industry end-users)
- Robust detection method
- any orientation of the tool
- unaffected by ambient lighting
- can be used with any colour of painted surface
- stable if artifacts occur
- Flexible and adaptable for many different industrial tool-tracking applications